d’Aquili and Newberg, 1999.The Mystical Mind : probing the biology of religious experience. Augsburg Fortress, Minneapolis.
Bell, C., 1992. Ritual Theory, Ritual Practice. Oxford University Press, new York.
- 1997. Ritual: perspectives and dimensions Oxford University Press, new York.
Bourdieu, 1990. The Logic of Practice, Polity Press, Cambridge,
Braidotti, 1991. Patterns of Dissonance, Polity Press
Burkitt, 1999. Bodies of Thought, Sage Publications, London.
Clark, 1997. Being There. Putting Brain, Body, and World Together Again. MIT Press, USA.
Crossley, 2004. “Ritual, body technique, and (inter)subjectivity”. In Thinking Through Rituals. Routledge, London and new York.
Csordas, (ed.), 1994. Embodiment and Experience: The Existential Ground of Culture and Self, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 1997. Sacred Self: A Cultural Phenomenology Of Charismatic Healing, University Presses of California, Columbia and Princeton.
- 1993 "Somatic Modes of Attention." Cultural Anthropology 8:135-56.
- 1999 “Embodiment and Cultural Phenomenology”. In Weiss, Gail, and Haber, Honi Fern. Perspectives On Embodiment, Routledge, new York and London.
Damasio, 1994. Descartes' error: Emotion, reason and the human brain. Grosset/Putnam, new York.
Descartes, 1968. Discourse on Method and the Meditations, Trans. F.E. Sutcliffe, Penguin Books.
Fernandez, 1972. "Persuasion and Performances: On the Beast in Every Body…And the Metaphors of Everyman," Daedalus 101, no. 1 (Winter 1972): 39-60.
Foucault, 1980. Power/Knowledge: selected interviews and other writings. Ed. By Colin Gordon, Harvester Press. London.
Gendlin, 1981. Focusing. Bantam (revised edition), New York.
- 1992. 'The primacy of the body, not the primacy of perception: How the body knows the situation and philosophy'. Man and World , 25 (3-4) 341-353, 1992. Springer, Netherlands. Excerpt
- 1997. A Process Model. Focusing Institute,
Grimes, R. 1995. Beginnings in Ritual Studies, University of South Carolina Press, S.C.
Grosz, 1994. Volatile Bodies. Towards a Corporeal Feminism. Indiana University Press, USA.
Halprin, 2002. The Expressive Body in Life, Art, and Therapy Working with Movement, Metaphor and Meaning, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London.
Harris, 1996. Sacred Ecology, published in Paganism Today , ed. Harvey and Hardman, Harper Collins, London.
- 1998. Goddess Consciousness, paper for the Lancaster University Goddess Religions Conference.
- 2002. “Dragon Environmental network” in The Encyclopaedia of Modern Witchcraft and neo-Paganism, Rabinovitch and Lewis. Citadel Press, new York.
Harvey, 1997. Religious Experience in Contemporary Society,
Johnson, 1999. “Embodied Reason” in Weiss and Haber. Perspectives On Embodiment, Routledge, new York and London.
Jordan, 1998. ‘The art of necessity: the subversive imagination of anti-road protest and Reclaim the Streets’. windily Culture. Party & Protest in nineties Britain. Edited by George McKay. 310 pp. London and new York: Verso.
Lakoff and Johnson, 1999. Philosophy in the Flesh: The Embodied Mind and Its Challenge to Western Thought, Basic Books, new York.
Letcher, 2000. ‘'Virtual Paganism’ or Direct Action? The Implications of Road Protesting for Modern Paganism’ Diskus Vol. 6.
- 2001a. The Role of the Bard in Contemporary Pagan Movements. Unpublished PhD. Thesis, King Alfred’s College, Winchester.
- 2001b. “The Scouring of the Shire: Fairies, Trolls and Pixies in Eco-Protest Culture.” Folklore 112 : 147-161.
- 2002. “‘If you go down to the woods today…’: Spirituality and the Eco-Protest Lifestyle.” Ecotheology 7 : 81-87
- 2003. “‘Gaia told me to do it’: Resistance and the idea of nature within Contemporary British Eco-Paganism.” Ecotheology 8 : 63-86
MacCannell and Zakarin (eds.), 1994. Thinking Bodies, Stanford University Press, Stanford, California.
Martin, 1990. Performance as Political Act: The Embodied Self, Bargained Garvey, new York
McGuire, 2002. “Beyond Personal Knowledge. new-Old Directions in the Social Scientific Study of Religion: Ethnography, Phenomenology, and the Human Body”, in Personal Knowledge and Beyond. Reshaping the Ethnography of Religion, Spickard, Landres and McGuire (Eds.). New York University Press. new York and London
Merleau-Ponty, 1962. Phenomenology of Perception, Routledge & Egan, London.
Peterson, 2003. Minding God. Theology and the Cognitive Sciences. Augsburg Fortress. Minneapolis.
Plows, 1995 “Eco-philosophy and popular protest; Examining the implications of the actions and ideologies of the Donga Tribe.” In Barker, and M. Tyldesley, eds. Alternative Futures and Popular Protest, Manchester Metropolitan University.- 1998a. ‘Earth First! Defending Mother Earth, direct-style’. In DIY culture: party & protest in nineties Britain, edited by George McKay. Verso London and new York
- 1998b. The what, how and why of the UK environmental direct action movement in the 1990's. Unpublished PhD. thesis.
- 2001. “Earth Magics.” In“How Green is our Magic?” Papers presented at the Dragon Eco-Magic conference 2000, ed. Harris. Pages 3-6. Dragon Environmental Publications, London.
Radley, Alan, 1995 'The Elusory Body and Social Constructionist Theory'. In Body & Society, Vol 1, No 2, Edited by Featherstone, Mike and Turner, Bryan S., Sage, London, June 1995.
Raposa, 2004. ‘Ritual Inquiry: The Pragmatic logic of religious practice.’ In Thinking Through Rituals - Philosophical Perspectives. Edited by K. Schilbrack, Routledge, New York and London.
Reclaiming: Principles of Unity. Accessed January 2004. http://www.reclaiming.org/about/directions/unity.html
Strobel, 2000. Performance, Religious Imagination and the Play of the Land in the Study of Deep Ecology and Its Practices. PhD. dissertation, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA., USA.
Szerszynski, Action's Glassy Essence: The Dramatics of Environmental Protest. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Royal Geographic Society with the Institute of British Geographers, Kingston University, 5th-8th January, 1998
Taylor, B., 2001. “Earth and nature-Based Spirituality (Part II): From Earth First! and Bioregionalism to Scientific Paganism and the new Age”. Religion 31, 225-245
- 2005, (editor), Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature Continuum International, London and New York.
Todres, 2007. Embodied Enquiry: Phenomenological Touchstones for
Varela, Thompson, and Rosch, 1991. The Embodied Mind: Cognitive Science and Human Experience. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
Westwood and Walbridge, no date. Awakening the Dragon. Practical Paganism, Political Ritual and Active Ecology. Birmingham: Moonshine Publications.
Watson, Batchelor and Claxton. (Editors). 1999. The Psychology of Awakening. Buddhism, Science and Our Day-to-day Lives. Rider, London.
Last updated: 03-03-2008
the green fuse - bringing philosophy to life